Thursday, December 11, 2008

Racing Hounds

NOT FINISHED!

I wish I had enough time to go in and actually paint more backround dogs that actually follow the path of the track, and I really need to go in and redraw those jockeys, yeesh. It is really hard to draw a person riding a dog like jockeys ride horses. Seriously, they like squat up and tuck in their knees high up. Plus, Greyhounds are way more flexible than horses, so most of the dogs' spines would probably throw the riders after a stride or two. The best bet would probably be to hunch up as best you can over their shoulders.

Also I was originally going to color the painting, as in, not sepia color. Buuut...adding color after the value is still rough for me and I just ran out of time. Oh well. I still like it.

Either way, the image of tiny dog riding jockeys wouldn't leave me alone-- (Yes, they are supposed to be tiny jockeys, not horse sized dogs.) So I had to get it out of my system.

So.... Here you go.

No comments: