Thursday, March 13, 2008

Digital Painting


The media I am most familiar with, and comfortable with, is pencil and paper. (Reliable, and cheap!) Obviously, though since i've been in school, I've gotten to work with molds, plaster, clay (sculpture), charcoal, Pastels, and paints.

I'd have to say I'm fairly proficient with the dry media. I'll post some charcoal pictures later when I get around to taking photos of them, because they're 18x24 size papers.

But, the media I have the most fun with is digital. Ah'm talkin photoshoppe. Yeha!
This is a child for a story I came up with, about a nomadic tribe living in the desert. Since they have to travel at night to avoid the intense heat, some of the members of their tribes have a divine gift, where they absorb the light of the sun during the day, then they radiate light all through the night, giving them clairvoyance as well to navigate in the shifting landscape. This young boy is the newest one born with the gift, and as the sun goes down, it is when he begins to shine.

No comments: